Through life, we occasionally come in contact with people whose wise words resonate greatly with us. They impact us to live better or different lives and make us into who we will eventually become. Here are 21 pieces of the best advice for a successful life:
- Know who your true friends are, look for the ones who say good things behind your back and constructive criticism to your face.
- The grass isn’t greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it.
- Don’t worry about controlling your emotions. Control your actions. The experience of emotions is outside our control, but our response to them is not.
- Be the person you needed in life.
- You don’t get paid based on how hard you work. You get paid based on how hard you are to replace.
- The only measure of a man that matters is from the eyes up.
- Have more than you show, speak less than you know (this one I live by).
- No one who is great at something was always great at it.
- Anything that annoys you when you’re dating, you’re going to get from both barrels when you’re married.
- The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today.
- In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.
- The person in control of any relationship… is the person who cares about it the least.
- You can always tell someone to go to hell tomorrow – Warren Buffet.
- If you don’t like what you’re doing, do something else.
- The only time you look in your neighbor’s bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don’t look in your neighbor’s bowl to see if you have as much as them.
- If you willingly associate with people of poor character, you deserve what happens next.
- Don’t make promises when you’re happy and don’t make decisions when angry.
- Stop blaming other people for your problems and take responsibility for yourself.
- If someone is trying to bring you down, it only means you are above them.
- Never make someone a priority who only makes you an option.
- Sometimes the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else.
A number of these have helped me out in my personal life.
Leave a comment and let me know which one was your favorite and why!